The Last Blast
On Sunday a team of 23 wonderful girls fronted up to play their last game of the season and for some, their last game of Junior footy for Hampton Rovers.
Whilst we didn’t come away with a win, we came away proud of our efforts and the knowledge that we played super competitive footy.
As usual, we saw numerous great performances. On a lighter note, when challenged to show some flair and “do something you haven’t done before” we saw the following in the last quarter;
- Tilly grab the ball, turn on a dime, go for a run, take a bounce and almost kick the goal of the year. Oh so close.
- Tessa deciding she wasn’t going to be pushed around and flexing a bit of muscle in the process. Go Tess.
- Meaghan taking a ripper mark right in front of the bench
Even though we haven’t qualified for the finals, I think it’s fair to say that based on our recent performances against some of the teams who finished higher on the ladder, that we were somewhat unlucky not to be fronting up next week. That said, our season is now at an end and we can now apply some real focus onto what really counts – WHAT TO WEAR TO THE GOWNLOW. More about that soon.
A huge thank you to Amelia for taking on the running duties on Sunday, you did an awesome job. Also a special mention to Anika who sadly has been troubled by shin splints for the last month or so. Notwithstanding, she again fronted up, made herself available and supported her team mates. Hope they come good soon.
Congratulations Elisha, Isabelle, Bella and Shae on their performances and well deserved awards.
With the season at an end, we can as a team, now look back and be proud of our season. We won a number of games, continued to improve, had heaps of fun and stuck together. We at times had our challenges throughout the year but never did the team look back. Well done to everyone who pulled on the Rovers guernsey in 2019.
Whilst there will be more time for thank yous at the Gownlow, it would be remiss of us not to acknowledge now, the the support and leadership of Richard Coyne throughout the year. Many thanks and congratulations on your achievements with the team Richard.
Finally, stay tuned for Sally’s emails for all the Gownlow news and details. Word has it there is a lot of behind the scenes planning happening already. The night beckons to be loaded with surprises, fun and excitement. I’m already hearing a few noises such as;
- Who will Sophie be wearing?
- Wonder what Jacko looks like in a dinner suit?
- Is Alex inviting a partner?
- How much fake tan does one apply for a B&F?
- Will Bec go with the hair up or down?
- OMG, What will I say if I actually win the Gownlow?
- If my boyfriend comes he needs to look good and not say much
- Any truth in the rumour that Sally and Pete may be performing “Shallow” as a duet?
Look forward to seeing you all there.