Players, Parents and our amazing Volunteers,
Welcome to the lead up to season 2019. This year marks a significant milestone for the club with 90 years of history of which 40 years are with Juniors teams. We can already see the signs this year will be the clubs biggest year ever. In particular we have lots of girls joining the club expanding the age groups we will have for our girls this year. We also have a large number of kids joining the younger age groups with is fantastic for the future of the club. We really need some helpers from these younger age groups and new teams please. The whole club runs with the help of parents and volunteers so please can I ask you get involved. Many hands really does makes a difference for our kids and it is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS.
We are still short of some volunteers for 2019. The club and game days simply cannot run without it so we need your help please. Apart from game day roles the Club Roles we are looking for volunteers include:
- Newsletter and Communications – someone who has 3-5 hrs per week to review match reports and help with the weekly newsletter. This is not a committee role and you can manage the time between Sunday and Wednesday each week. Match reports are generated by each team so this person needs to review and upload them. The newsletter comes out mid week and content needs to be reviewed and consolidate each week. If you can help us please contact me (0404433539).
- Child Safety Officer – someone who does not perform a role today or has a partner that does as we need this role to have significant authority but also be independent. 1-2 hrs per week max in a normal season. This role is not a committee role. If you can help us please contact me (0404433539).
- Vice President – assist the committee with activities throughout the league and liaise with the league on club or player issues – 3-5 hrs per week. A great way to get involved in the community and meet people. I know as I have enjoyed this role in the past and found it very rewarding. It’s a great way to give back and help our 500 kids play the game they love. Please contact me if you can help (0404433539).
- Sponsorships – we need someone to help us engage the local community to generate funds to help the club run. This role is a committee position and works in partnership with the Senior Club Sponsor liaison at the club. The role has a focus from March to May and ad-hoc throughout the year. Please contact me if you can help (0404433539).
- Merchandise – Kabel Davis needs someone to help him in 2019 and in turn move into this role throughout the season. This role is 2-3 hrs per week during the season with a focus at the start of the year more than during the season as such. Given Kabel is still helping us you would get great support. Please let us know if you can help (0404433539).
- General Committee – we always welcome more people to sit on our committee and help with events and the running of the club. We meet monthly and have regular events so the commitment is 1-2 hrs per week for 14-16 weeks. Then ad hoc outside that. Please join us and help. Contact me if you are interested (0404433539).
It is now really important that you have registered your players. With ground / player maximums being enforced more than ever in 2019 we really need to understand in the next couple of weeks how many players we have in each age group. Hampton Rovers needs to commit teams to the league so it is critical you register your kids please.
It is also an insurance requirement that your kids are registered BEFORE they train as the club cannot offer as much assistance to unregistered players.
Finally – there we will be communications specific to age groups in the coming weeks as we search for players for extra teams or enforce cut offs due to teams being full. Please can you register TODAY to avoid disappointment. Unregistered kids may miss out on getting into teams. If you wish to discuss registration please contact me (0404433539).
We will kick off our season ahead of the Easter break to make sure teams can get together and we can welcome new members. Please put Friday the 5th of April from 5pm in your diary for this. Please come and support the club as this is one of our key fundraisers.
Save the date
With our 90th year we have our 1 club function planned for the 22 June 2019. Tickets will be limited to 200 and this event will sell out so please watch out for more information.
Outside of our major sponsors (Buxton Sandringham, Brighton Mazda) we rely on many companies to help us raise funds throughout the year. If you have a business or contacts that can help please let us know. From game day awards, raffle prizes, donations (goods or cash) to overall sponsorship we welcome it all. This year we also have our ‘Preferred Businesses Booklet’ being published where we distribute a book of local businesses we want our members to use. If you would like to feature your business please give us a call today (0404433539). In turn if you are looking for a plumber, tutor, IT support etc please can we ask members to support the businesses that support us.
I would like to also call out Picassos, Brown Cow, Hampton Fruit Centre, Cold Rock Hampton for their game day awards and significant contributions in 2018. Making a kid smile after trying their best is a gift that you help us provide every week. You guys are awesome !! Thank you for supporting us in 2018.
2019 is going to be a great year with lots of fun for our kids. Please get involved in this amazing club and be an active part of the Rovers Family and Community.
#Passion #Teamwork #Fun # Respect