I’m not sure if it was jet lag, snow blindness or just fatigue for those that stayed home to hold up the Bayside bubble whilst others were away but it was a slow start on Sunday for sure. Ignoring the wind, the footy was back and I was as excited as an eight year old that has had a pie, three snakes and two Gatorades. Welcome back Rovers family to the run home for season 2018.
There is much to celebrate and discus so I’ll cut to the chase and keep it punchy:
- We have our juniors parents lunch on Saturday the 28th of July – please support the club and speak to your team manager today. We want at least one table of 10 per age group. It’s $30 pay on the day for a great meal starting at 12 noon for a 12.30 sit down. The Seniors play at 2pm so whilst kids aren’t a part of the lunch they can still come down to the Boss and hang out as the canteen is open. We already have a number of age groups that are locked in. Please don’t make me name and shame those that can’t get 10 people from an age group! The whole Junior Committee will be in attendance with partners too so it will be great to see as many parents as we can. To book yourself, a couple or more please contact Tania at email@example.com
- At Home With The Rovers – it’s coming up fast, Sunday 5 August, and will be a celebration after our younger age groups finish their Lightning carnivals. Plus as it’s a Sunday it will be a great change to normal nights. We are looking for Raffle Prizes and volunteers to help given the night is normally such a great one. Please contact me directly.
- Season 2019 – It is normal for the club to rotate people doing roles from water carrier, coach to general committee. If you would like to know how you can help the club please contact me. Without YOU helping we cannot function.
- RCD charity round – on the 29th of July we have beanie round. If you want a beanie or want to support buying them for the whole team you (yes we have people that are doing that) please contact Emma Nicholl.
- Sponsors – I cannot thank you all enough for your support again in 2018. Without the support of our sponsors our club would simply not function. The input from sponsors in both time and money exceed that of our fees and I thank you on behalf of all of our kids again. Please support those that support us. You can see a full list of our sponsors here.
- Exciting news – Please watch this space for some very exciting news on the alignment between Hampton Rovers and East Sandy. Informally it’s been 5-6 years in the making and 2 solid years of sub committees from both clubs. Watch this space soon. It’s a massive step in ensuring our kids can play football in bayside for as long as they choose in an age group and ability level that is closest to them.
- Feedback – we always welcome feedback. Whilst as a volunteer organisation not every request is possible we do really value feedback to make the club a better and safer place for our kids to play the game they love. Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to provide feedback.
- Finals for 2018. We have the absolute privilege this year of hosting 3 rounds of finals for the SMJFL at Boss James starting on the 19th of August for 3 weeks. Please come down and watch some of the best football for 2018. We welcome helpers for the day to ensure everything goes to plan. If you can do a hour on the BBQ or even help sell some football records it would be most welcome. Please contact me to let us know how you can help.
- Rovers merchandise – unless you have been living overseas for the last month you will have worked out it’s now much colder. Last orders for hoodies, caps, umbrellas etc so please get in this week.
- Playing up – Thanks again to all those that have played in other teams this year for not only the holiday season but throughout the year. Injuries and holidays always create gaps and it’s great to see the community support each other.
Looking forward to seeing you all again this weekend.
#Passion #Teamwork #Fun #Respect