Rovers 3-4-22 Lost to Waverley Park Hawks 6-1-37
Goal Kickers: Josh.Nicholl .1, Jake.McIntosh.1, Jack.Cahill.1
Best Players: J. Nicholl, N. Karamitos , B.Jeffery, J.Cahill, J.Grima
Unfortunately our first away game of 2019 against the tall and big bodied Waverley Park Hawks was a loss on the scoreboard, however we took plenty of positives out of the battle and will lick our wounds and come back harder next weekend. As a team, we worked well surging the ball forward, and we did bring some serious pressure. The first quarter was against the wind, which did play a factor into the game. We lost the first, second and third quarter, and we found our mojo in the last but it was too late. The Rovers looked completely different in the last quarter. We were electric with ball in hand, and outscored them 2.3 to 0. Our defensive press needs work, and also our efforts getting the ball and being in the right position.
– Josh Nicholl snapping a great goal and tackling ferociously all day.
– Nicholas Karamitos taking them on and running so fast there were flames on his feet. The kid can play too.
– Jack Cahill having elite composure with ball in hand
– James Macnab not ever giving up at every contest
– Peter Paleologos gut running to help the defence
Things we did well:
– Faced up and took the game on when we could
– Pressure on ball carrier
Room For Improvement (RFI):
– Backline press (needs to become instinctive)
– Stick tackles better
– Backing ourselves in at every contest