Nothing better than a win in the back pocket before heading off on an exotic holiday. Rovers V Vamps.
Another week of footy and another win. And this one was really good. Why? Because every single player produced a game they could call their best performance.
While we had an extra player on the field the girls had to ensure that they organised themselves well and knew how to combat a team that was determined to fight hard.
We lost Mia Hanna early to an ankle injury and so the game was fought out 16 to 15 players with us producing a game that saw:
- Elisha bag 4 goals. Sorry I failed to mention that post game.
- Our defense held out East Brighton until the 15 minute mark of the last ¼ from kicking their first goal.
- Oriana worked hard in defense and attack. Oriana has one of the most accurate kicks.
- Ali took some nice marks and kicked 2 goals.
- Shae played a great captains game through the middle.
- Steph showed all her skills and frustrated their best player and won loads of her own football.
- Katy was a loose player in defense and worked hard all day getting to the contests and giving us advantage.
- Ella fought hard in the ruck.
- Amelia while not having had much game time this year showed what it means to use your voice and constantly worked hard leading. More of that please.
- Jemma showd real aggression across the middle of the ground. I love the attack at the footy.
- Kim was everywhere and again used the ball really well.
- Meaghan produced a great last ¼ through the midfield.
- Alex landed some great tackles and stopped their forwards from scoring.
- Annie nailed her first career goal. I’m sure there are more to come.
- Sophie worked forward and back and was aggressive at the ball.
- Holly also ran hard and made life difficult for their forwards.
Enjoy the break and I look forward to seeing you at training soon.